Undoubtedly, sweating is a natural function of the human body. Sweat – which is initially odorless, consists of 99% water and 1% salts, and is excreted through the secretory sweat glands – has the main role of maintaining a constant body temperature, while participating in both the elimination of metabolic waste and the maintenance of skin moisture. Pregnancy, menopause, heart or other health conditions, obesity, medication, as well as intense physical activity (training) or high environmental temperatures, are some of the factors that cause increased activity of the sweat glands, i.e., intense sweat secretion. Certain areas of the body, such as the forehead, armpits, feet, hands and scalp, are usually affected the most, yet there is no need for worries. Just read below some simple tips you could follow to treat sweating quickly and effectively!
Hygiene and proper care for sweating
In cases of profuse sweating, the reduction or temporary elimination of the effects should be our main objective. Daily cleansing of the affected areas, even twice a day if necessary, is recommended so as to temporarily inhibit the proliferation of bacteria and fight malodorousness. Next, you should apply the deodorant of your choice, always on clean and dry skin:
- If you prefer classic options, then Natural Crystal Deodorant Stick Natural is exactly what you are looking for. It is extremely economical, long-lasting and perfume-free. It creates a completely natural shield against unpleasant body odors, without hindering perspiration and skin breathing, and leaves a pleasant sensation of freshness and well-being. All you need to do is wet the crystal and then apply it to the underarms or other parts of the body that you wish to protect.
- If you wish for roll-on deodorants, choose Natural Crystal Deodorant Roll-on Ocean, which offers, to both men and women, natural protection against unpleasant body odors, preventing the growth of odor-causing microorganisms without inhibiting perspiration. The feeling of freshness and well-being it creates lasts for 24 hours. Plus: It leaves a subtle, ethereal sea fragrance that perfectly matches your summer mood.
- Finally, if you want something in spray form, then Natural Crystal Deodorant Spray Natural is the perfect choice. It is an environmentally friendly mechanical spray without propellants. Plus, it is perfume-free. Offers, to men and women, natural protection against unpleasant body odors, preventing the growth of odor-causing microorganisms. Like the previous options, it does not hinder perspiration and the feeling of freshness and well-being it provides lasts for 24 hours. All you must do is to simply shake well before each use and spray on your underarms or other areas of the body you wish to protect.
For sure, it is important to pay attention not to apply the products to sensitive or irritated skin, especially right after depilation or just before sun exposure.
- Footbaths with cold water are recommended for hyperhidrosis of the feet. In any case, hot-water or prolonged footbaths should be avoided, as they stimulate sweat secretion.
- It is also very helpful and useful to make the right choices in clothing. Prefer natural materials and fabrics, as well as loose, comfortable clothes.
- Shaving or waxing may help to deal with the unpleasant symptoms of sweating more effectively, since hair can retain sweat and contribute to the development of unpleasant odors.
- Reduce the consumption of spicy foods, coffee and alcohol.
- Stay properly hydrated by drinking plenty of water and other sugar-free liquids.
Enjoy the summer and the high temperatures stress-free by choosing the best deodorant protection – choose OLIVE.ELIA!